Monday, July 13, 2015

Make it Work Monday: Orange Stripes and Navy Polka Dots

Happy Monday everyone! Welcome to Make it Work Monday where I find inspiration on Pinterest and make it work for a curvier lady.

Today's inspiration for Make it Work Monday comes from Anthropology.

 Image via Anthropology

Today's outfit it more of a nod than a more literal interpretation. I got the colors down, but the prints are just a smidgen off, still a fun outfit though!

Skirt: Target (similar)
Shirt: Boden (exact)
Cardigan: J. Crew Factory (exact)
Shoes: Madewell (non-hole version)
Necklace: Target (cute tassel option)
Earrings: Perry Street via Rocksbox (use code erinbff431 for a month free!) (cute alternative)
Watch: Target (exact
Bracelet: Baublebar (similar)


 

I love the color combo of orange, navy and tan and I seriously wish this skirt was still available. However, I came up with some fun patterned navy pencil skirt options for you (I'm kind of obsessed with options two and three):



one  |  two  |  three  |  four

On a side note, I'm trying my best to stay positive today. My poor kiddo was sick all weekend and as a result neither of us slept. I debated not putting her in daycare, but she's no longer throwing up or feverish, just grumpy. Guess I would be too. Then I spilled coffee all down my shirt, not once, but twice (and of course it was before I had a chance to take outfit photos) so all morning I looked like I've been staring in the world's most professional wet T-shirt contest. But on a positive note: the sun is shinning, there's only four more days until the weekend and 12 more hours until I can go back to bed and start over. :)

2 comments:

  1. That's a great nod to the original outfit! Yours definitely has more pop to it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cassie! I love finding new ways to wear old loves.

      Delete