Monday, July 6, 2015

Make It Work Monday: Floral Kimono with a Stripe Dress


Happy Monday friends! I hope everyone had a lovely 4th of July weekend.

For today's Make it Work Monday, I found inspiration from Merick's Art on how to style a kimono. Merick is by far one of my favorite bloggers, she's so clever when it comes to sewing and I love her effortless style. She's made her kimono ya'll, I'm beyond impressed. I'm really wanting to try one of her sewing tutorials (if I ever get brave enough to drag the sewing machine out). I'm currently crushing on her DIY Leopard Fold Over Clutch Tutorial. Maybe something with this GORGEOUS blue and white fabric, with a bright red lining...swoon...


The kimono is definitely outside of my comfort zone, but I'm so glad I decided to give it a try. It's super light and comfy, which is perfect for July in Florida and it's a pretty alternative to my usual cardi. I'm looking forward to finding different says to style it this summer.

On a side note, I really enjoy doing Make it Work Mondays, but I'm debating the feasibility of doing it every week. Yes, there's lot of inspiration on Pinterest, but I don't want to start buying things just to make it work for the blog, and there's been some serious temptation to do so. I'll find an outfit that I love, but I'm missing one or two pieces and I'm trying really hard not to buy them unless it's something that I know that I'll wear in the future and love.

To that end, I'm exploring the idea of doing Make it Work Mondays once a month and turning it into a linkup. If it's something people think they would be interested in and would want to participate in, then I'm game. Let me know in the comments below...


Kimono: American Eagle (exact)
Sandals: Target (exact)
Watch: Target (upgrade)
Necklace: Target (similar long, similar short)
Earrings: Baublebar (similar)

2 comments:

  1. i totally get that this series inspires shopping, and monthly is good. or maybe you can only pick combos of things you have in your closet. i always love a good new way to wear/style/combo something that i wouldn't have thought worked on my own.
    b

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do try to stick to what I already have in my closet, mainly because I have no desire to go broke recreating Pinterest pins. :) I'm definitely leaning towards the monthly thing, probably beginning in August.

      Delete