Thursday, July 2, 2015

Gray Sweater and a Yellow Floral Skirt


I must have been channelling autumn when I put this look together. There's something about the combination of mustard and gray that screams fall to me. I know it's only July, but I am seriously jonesing for scarves, boots and pumpkin spice lattes. Too bad, so sad for me, because fall doesn't make it to north Florida until November, so I have a bit of a wait ahead of me. However, the one benefit of arctic cold air at work is that I can still wear my sweaters even in the blistering heat of summer. So I'll just happily live in my little fantasy land where the air outside is crisp, the leaves are crimson and everything smells like cinnamon. #myhappyplace

 
Sweater: J. Crew Factory (short-sleeve option)
Skirt: Loft (summery alternative)
Shoes: Victoria Secret (similar)
Necklace: Target (similar)
Watch: Fossil (very similar)
Bracelets: Loft (exact) Mooresea (similar)
Ring: Charming Charlie (similar)
Earrings: J. Crew Factory (similar)


I think what would really make this outfit is a pair of cobalt blue suede pumps. A pop of blue would definitely make this a more summery look. I'm not sure how much I'd wear said blue heels, but I need them, right?

I found some really cute options below. I'm majorly crushing on  #3, the Mira heel from Madewell. They're marked from from $168 to $134 and if I had a bigger clothing budget I'd be so, so tempted to get them. I have two pairs of Madewell flats and they're some of my favorite shoes in my closet. Maybe if they're still around, I'll have to get them as a birthday treat come September!


One  |  Two  |  Three  
 Four  |  Five  |  Six

No comments:

Post a Comment