Friday, July 31, 2015

Day Date Adventures

One of the ways my husband and I make time for each other is take have the occasional "day date." He's off on Fridays (jealous!) and since we don't have people nearby that can watch the munchkin at night, we will take a day just to have some reconnect time. I took off last Friday and thought it might be fun to show you what our day looked like. It's not elaborate, but it was still lots of fun.

Without further ado, here's what a typical "Day Date" for us looks like:

After dropping off the small one at daycare around 8 a.m., the hubs and I headed to one of our favorite places, The Egg and I, for breakfast.

I splurged and got the Cambridge Skillet AND an iced coffee. Matt got the Patriot Waffle (which I might have stolen a bite or two of). Doesn't it look amazing in all of it's greasy, artery clogging goodness?

Our big plan for the day was to go see Inside Out, but since we had some time to kill, we went to one of my favorite places (second to Target) Michaels to finish up buying my mom's birthday present.

She's been into the whole adult coloring book thing lately, so I got her the Secret Garden: An Inky Treasure Hunt & Coloring Book from Amazon and a set of Prismacolor color pencils and markers. Pricey, but they are seriously the best. After I graduated from college, I went back and did a year of interior design (before deciding I'd had enough of school for while).We were required to use Prismacolors on our projects and I fell in love with them. Sadly, my markers dried out long ago, but thankfully, the color pencils are still good. Confession: I loved the Enchanted Forest coloring book so much that might have ordered one for myself. Good stress relief!



We killed enough time in Michaels that all the stores had opened up at Pier Park, so after getting our tickets for the one o'clock movie showing, we decided to act like tourists and wander through all the stores. 

First stop was to The Candymaker for grape soda jelly beans - my favorites. They smell like Dimetapp, which reminds me of my childhood, yummy. :)


 And for your enjoyment, here's a pic of me being silly.


If you've never been to Pier Park, it's an outdoor mall, and while we wanted to be outside and enjoy the sunshine, it.was.miserable.hot.
 
After going to a few stores, we admitted defeat and went to...


...Target! No lie, we're there at least two or three times a week. So we waited out our time until the movie in air conditioned bliss. And got baby essentials like diapers and wipes.

And some non-essentials like the new Harper Lee novel Go Set a Watchman.


And while the husband was looking all electronics, I passed the time by taking an outfit selfie. Because, why not?


Finally it was time for the movie, hooray! Have you see Inside Out? It's super cute, though a bit sad. I'll confess I felt a bit guilty for going to see a kid movie without the kiddo, but at 14 months, she's just now getting to the place where she'll sit through part of a movie at home. I don't think she's quite ready for the movie theater, and I definitely don't want to inflict my potentially screaming child on the moviegoers. We plan on getting it on Blu-ray, so we'll get to watch it as a family then. :)


Afterwards we made our way to Publix for some blissful kid-free grocery shopping and picked up essentials like milk and gelato.



And that was our date. Nothing too fancy, but it was still really nice!

Since it was so hot outside, I kept my outfit really simple (with a sweater of course for the chilly movie theater). It was so hot at one point I stripped off my watch and bracelet because I was sweating underneath them. Classy, right? Thankfully we got some pics before it became too sweltering.

It's not my most favorite outfit I've ever assembled, but here's what I wore:
Sweater: Gap Factory (similarish)
Shirt: The White Wolf (exact)
Shorts: American Eagle (very similar)
Sandals: American Eagle (exact)
Watch: Target (upgrade)
Bracelet: As best I can remember from the High Museum in Atlanta (exact)
Earrings: Kate Spade (exact on sale!)

No comments:

Post a Comment