Wednesday, July 22, 2015

All About That Gingham


It's hot. Too hot to even think about layers or wearing my hair down, or even attempting to look cute. The mere idea of shapewear makes me want to cry. So the best I could do this morning was find a clean shirt, a pair of cropped pants and call it a day. My one attempt at looking like I put some kind of thought into this outfit was my pink shoes, which my feet sweat in all day. Can it be October yet, pretty please?

These super hot days are making me realize I don't have a lot of  professional summer shirts. I have plenty of casual shirts, but for work I tend to stick with cardigans and roll long sleeves even in the middle of summer. That's what air conditioning is for, right? However, these past few days have convinced me that I've got to find a way to dress cool and professional. Suggestions?

Pants: The Limited (similar)
Shoes: Old Navy (cute o'dorsay option)
Necklace: Kendra Scott (exact)
Earrings: J. Crew Factory (exact)
Watch: Fossil (very similar)
Bracelet: Baublebar (cute alternative)
Ring: Baublebar (exact)


//Today I'm linking up with The Pleated Poppy for What I Wore.//

4 comments:

  1. you look great! Effortless and cute. That's a win/win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the top! I love fall and am not a fan of summer too... and I too love my cardis :) BUT, I found a top this summer that I LOVE that works great as a professional top: http://bit.ly/1MoosVn
    I got it in two colors and have worn it with: skinny jeans, olive colored pants, and pencil skirts. I usually wear a very thin long cami underneath so the front isn't highlighting things I don't like, and all the outfits looked SO put together! Hope it works for you too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That top is so cute, I love all three colors. Great suggestion, thank you so much!

      Delete