Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Gray Days


Most days at work I lean toward the "casual" of business casual, especially in the summer, but I knew would be taking pictures at a press conference, and seen by some of the more prominent members of the community, so I needed to dress up a bit more.

So, I brushed off my gray pencil skirt and kept my accessories a bit more low key. I didn't wear heels or a suit jacket. I know I should have, it's much more professional, but it's sooo hot and humid in Florida and I knew I was going to be on my feet all day - I just couldn't bring myself to do it. It doesn't look too bad, right?

As little as a year ago, I would have worn gray flats/heels to match my pencil skirt, but I'm loving the less matchy-matchy look. Plus, the neutral shoe helps to elongate the leg,which the outfit needs, especially since I'm wearing flats.

So here I am in my semi-professional glory.

Cardigan: Loft (similar)
Top: Ann Taylor (similar, similar plus)
Skirt: Loft (similar)
Shoes: Madewell (solid leather version)
Necklace: Target (cute alternative)
Watch: Target (exact in rose gold, upgrade)
Bracelet: Moorea Seal (similar)


Today I'm linking up with The Pleated Poppy for What I Wore. Be sure to check out what all the lovely ladies are wearing!

No comments:

Post a Comment