Thursday, June 18, 2015

Chambray Blazer and Stripe Dress



Today I'm linking up with Bri from Work Clothes, I Suppose for Third Thursday Threads! This month's challenge is to wear a jean jacket. As you can see, I'm cheating a bit. I love denim jackets on other people, but I don't like them on myself. I immediately think of my 80s/early 90s childhood and I've so been there, done that. (Remember stonewashed denim, bedazzled everything, at least three pairs of scrunch neon socks? *shudder*) However, I really do like how jean jackets look on other people, and it's been awhile since I've tried one, so maybe it's time to revisit the idea? Maybe something like this one from Macy's.

This dress is a few years old, and I'm sad to admit it's a bit tighter (and shorter) than when I first got it, but I love the softness of it and a blazer helps cover the bulge. I seriously thought about not wearing it, but I'm glad I rocked it anyway. Nothing's going to fit exactly the same as before baby, but it's either time to embrace the shape or hit the gym. :) (And maybe put down that slice of cake, but what's the fun in that?)

I saw a meme on Pinterest that says "I wish I were as fat as the first time I thought I was fat."

Made me chuckle anyway. Have a great Thursday!

Blazer: Loft (similar)
Sandals: Target (exact)
Belt: Target (exact)
Clutch: Clare V. (exact)
Necklace: J. Crew Factory (exact)
Watch: Fossil (very similar)
Bracelet: Kreations (cute alternative)
Ring: Loft (similar)





5 comments:

  1. Love stripes with leopard print! And I love all the neutrals together. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mattie! It's still a relatively new thing for me, but I love pattern mixing! Leopard and stripes are one of my favorite combos. :)

      Delete
  2. You look great! Love the chambray blazer with the stripes and leopard accents. Stopping by from Bri's linkup :)

    Jen @ Librarian for Life + Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you stopped by! I'll be sure to check out your blog as well. :)

      Delete
  3. I LOVE this look. I have worn my jean jacket over my striped dress, but I love the leopard accents so much - might have to steal that next time :) Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete