Friday, June 5, 2015

Blush, Neutrals and Pearls

 
Skirt: Target (exact -  runs super big)
Shirt: Target (exact)
Sweater: Target (similar)
Shoes: Nine West (cute alternative)
Necklace: Chloe & Isabel (exact)
Clutch: Clare V. (exact)
Ring: Charming Charlie (very similar)

I had to be at work early last Friday for a women's symposium, and since that meant I didn't have to take the baby to daycare, I thought I'd be all clever and go to the beach before work and take some pictures. It seemed like the perfect idea - the water was amazing, the weather was great, and hardly anyone was there - it was just me and a few fishermen. The beach looks great in these photos, but sadly I didn't realize until later that I came out dark/blurry/grainy. I thought about not posting the pictures, but I went to all that effort and got all sandy...do I at least get points for trying? 

This outfit was perfection for the symposium. I don't know if it's like this everywhere, but the one I went to everyone dressed in their best little summer dress instead of formal work attire. I was super comfy all day, and I got lots of compliments. I'm still loving the blush pink skirt paired with neutrals - and pearls were the perfect finishing touch. 

Side note about this skirt: it runs really really big. I bought it in a large instead of my usual XXL from Target and it's STILL a little big in the waist. It's half lined, but I still wore a half slip underneath because I'm paranoid about showing something I shouldn't. As a major plus, this skirt is extremely similar to a maxi at White House Black Market that retails for $120, but the Target one is 1/5 the price. Score! 

 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment