Thursday, May 14, 2015

Olive Maxi Skirt and Blazer


As we march toward summer in Florida, I've been trying to think of cool, comfortable - yet work appropriate - outfits. Solution: a blazer with a maxi skirt.

I don't know why I didn't think of this before! It's soooo comfy and, hopefully, still somewhat professional. Thankfully I work at place where the dress code is lax, even more so in the summer, so I feel like I can get away with a little more than I would at a more professional setting.

This skirt is super old from Target. In fact, I actually had to rescued it from my donate pile. I originally fell in love with it because it so silky soft - it feels AMAZING against the skin - but the color can be a bit awkward. I'm liking it with the blazer, but maybe it would look better with something more high-contrast? Maybe a black blazer? Or a cargo jacket in the fall?

On a side note, my husband hates this hairstyle. He calls it my "Old Lady" bun. I, personally love it - it's so easy, it gets the hair off of my face and there's still a little fullness, which I desperately need. Husband likes it down and long, but who has time for that in the hot summer? I mean, seriously. Anyone's husbands have a vendetta against the bun?

  
Blazer: Loft (exact)
 Shirt: Target (exact)
Maxi Skirt: Target (side-pleated chiffon)
Sandals: Target (exact)
Necklace: Kendra Scott (exact)
Earrings: J. Crew Factory (exact)
Watch: Fossil (current version)
Bracelet: Baublebar (similar)
Ring: super old (similar)


***Today I'm trying a new linkup with Mix & Match Fashion! Be sure to head over to Tara's page and see what everyone is wearing this week!***


Mix & Match Fashion

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic skirt. I'm hosting a fashion link up at the moment and I'd love you to stop by :)

    http://www.sydneyfashionhunter.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be sure to check out your page and linkup! Thanks for visiting. :)

      Delete