Monday, May 18, 2015

Make It Work Monday: Striped Blazer and Cropped Jeans

Welcome to Make It Work Monday where I take an Pinterest outfit pin and make it work for the curvier lady.


Today's outfit inspiration: a super cute striped blazer featured on LilyStyle. I love the gray tee paired with black and white stripes and gold accessories. The tee and jeans are so comfy, yet the blazer and accessories make it chic!


Blazer: Target (similar, Target version)
T-Shirt: Target (exact)
Jeans: The Limited (exact)
Shoes: Madewell (current version)
Watch: Fossil (current version)
Necklaces: GroopDealz (the real McCoy, cute alternative) and  French Charmed
Bracelets: Kreatons via That's Too Cute! (similar) and Loft (similar)
Ring: Baublebar (very similar)
Earrings: J. Crew Factory (exact)

I changed up a few things in my outfit vs. the original. I wore a v-neck T-shirt because my round neck gray T-shirt is currently a wee bit too tight after baby. I don't own booties, so I went with my favorite pair of leopard print flats. And since I didn't have the same pieces of jewelry, so I went with same vibe by sticking with gold accessories. But I think I need a lariat necklace in my life. There's so many cute options out there.


links to shop: Mini pearl beaded, gold, super inexpensive and silver (if gold's not your thing).

One of the things I've enjoy about this Make It Work exercise is that it's given me new ways to wear older items in my closet. I've had the blazer for a few years, but it doesn't get a lot of rotation, so it was nice to break it out of the closet. These jeans are super comfy and I always love any reason for wear my leopard print flats. I've been wearing this arrowhead necklace I scored from Groopdealz like crazy lately. Is just so easy to layer with other pretty jewelry pieces!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Monday. Only four more days until the weekend. :)

  

No comments:

Post a Comment