Monday, May 11, 2015

Make it Work Monday: Plum Midi and Lace

Today I'm featuring another plum skirt for Make It Work Monday. If this is your first time visiting, I find an outfit pin as inspiration and then attempt to make it work for the curvier lady.

I'm liking this look much, much better than my pleated plum skirt look. What's not to love about a twirly, whirly skirt and sweet little lace top? Add a pop of leopard and one my favorite pearl necklaces =  near perfection.

The original pin can be found on Stylish Petite. I absolutely adore Annie's style, it's so feminine and fun! I want all her clothes - so it's a good thing for my wallet that most of them don't come in my size. :)

 Top: Loft Outlet (similar)
Skirt: Modcloth (exact)
Shoes: Old Navy (similar)
Necklace: Ann Taylor (exact)
Ring: Charming Charlie
Watch: Target (upgrade, rose gold exact)
Purse: Coach (latest version)

I'm so not a fan of the sleeveless look on me, so I was so excited to find this lace top with sleeves at the Loft Outlet. I really wish Loft would offer their outlet online, they have such amazing deals. When I was at the store a couple of weekends ago they had almost the exact Scalloped Lace Dress that's currently at Ann Taylor for a third of the price. If they had had my size, I would have bought it immediately. If you live near a Loft Outlet, I highly recommend checking them out, they've got a fantastic selection right now. 

I love this Bugle Joy Skirt in Plum from Modcloth, but as an FYI, it runs super small for plus-size. I'm normally a XL in skirts, and based on reviews, I ordered this skirt in a 3XL and it's still the slightest bit snug. According to the reviews, XS-XL runs true to size, 1X-3X runs small. Wearing a 3X may hurt my vanity just the tiniest smidge, but this skirt is so cute that it's worth it. I'm feeling very 50s housewife, though it doesn't come with a clean house and home-cooked meal as soon as hubby gets home. Sorry, dear! #StrugglesOfAWorkingMom

 

Things I might do differently next time: lighter shoes. I love these leopard heels, but they are on the dark side, and it would be nice for spring/summer to brighten things up with a lighter pair. I really like the looks of this pair from Lands' End. Also, my yard is hopeless. Everything is dead and brown and terrible. I've got to find a better location for pictures. I promise to work on that. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment