Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Lace, Stripes and Pencil Pants


Happy Tuesday, friends! Today is my "hump day" since I'm taking off Friday to make the most of Memorial Day weekend. I can't wait! The tentative plan is to put baby girl in daycare and then have a mommy/daddy day and go to the movies, have lunch...it's a day date!

However, we had an accident this weekend which resulted in hot candle wax being split all over the living room carpet, so we may be doing some DIY instead. Sunday, my sweet baby girl projectile vomited allover the living room carpet, and in my husband's haste to grab some paper towels, he knocked over a large, lit candle jar. The hot wax immediately burned the carpet. The carpet is ruined and the spot is in a place that can't be covered by a rug. On the bright side, no one was hurt, nothing caught fire, and we wanted to replace the floor anyway, just not right now. Baby's first birthday party is next weekend, so we may just have to live with the embarrassment of a huge, two-foot wide, black burn mark in the carpet. Or fix it this weekend.

Anyway, back to the outfit post. I love the simplicity of a pair of pencil pants and a shirt with some visual interest. This tee from Ann Taylor is super comfortable and I adore the lace yoke detail. Question: what do you wear with a see-through lace yoke? Going braless is sooo not an option and while I chose to wear a black cami, I feel like it kind of ruins the beauty of the lace. I tried a nude cami, but it wasn't quite the right shade and looked odd.

 Top: Ann Taylor (exact)
Pants: The Limited (exact)
Shoes: Madewell (current version)
Necklace: Kendra Scott (exact)
Earrings: Kendra Scott (exact)
X-ring: Baublebar (very similar)

It was extremely bright outside when I took these pictures, so that's why I'm looking down in just about every one. Below is my one attempt to look at the camera, what a squinty mess!


No comments:

Post a Comment