Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Chambray and Coral Lace


I feel like my outfits have been on the dark side lately, with a heavy emphasis on the black. Today I wanted to break things up and bring on the color!

I got this skirt from the Loft Outlet earlier this month and I've been debating how to wear it. I like the chambray, but I'm not sold on the knotted look, maybe too 1980s? But tucked in it also looked off. Maybe I'm over thinking it?

Things I do like about this outfit: the combo of skirt and heels are making my normally chubby legs look nice and thin. :) Curvy girl tip: Nude heels with a bit of lift seriously do wonders for the legs.

Oh, and if you've been flowing for awhile, you might notice I had my hair chopped off! I loved my long locks, but they were super damaged. I was in denial, until one day last week I couldn't get a brush through my hair, it just snarled at the halfway point. I was sad to see my hair go, but overall, I'm happy with the change. I'll probably eventually go back to my long strands, but isn't half the fun of cutting it off growing it back out?

Skirt: Loft Outlet (blush option, solid coral option)
Pumps: Nine West (similar)
Necklace: Loft Outlet (similar)
Watch: Target (exact)
Pearl Bracelets: Loft Outlet (similar)
Spike Bracelet: SageKandCo (exact)
Earrings: Fossil (exact)

 

I'm linking up with The Pleated Poppy for What I Wore; make sure to check out what all the other ladies are wearing this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment