Thursday, April 23, 2015

Tutorial: How to Roll/Cuff Silky Sleeves


 I love this blouse - the color is the die for, and it's light and airy. However, the sleeves are impossible to roll: they slip-slide and refuse to stay in place. I almost didn't buy this shirt because I knew that the sleeve problem would annoy the heck out of me. Thankfully Nick, the manager at my local Loft, showed me the most glorious cheat on how to tame pesky sleeves.

All you need is two rubber bands.

Silky Sleeve Roll Tutorial 

Grab two rubber bands wide enough to snugly fit your forearm, but not too tight!
 (I didn't have rubber bands handy, so I used elastic hair ties, either will work.)



Take the rubber band a place it about wear you want the sleeve to hit on your arm.


Fold the sleeve up to the elbow.


Take the bottom of the folded sleeve and fold upward, working so the rubber band sits at the base of the cuff. Think: J. Crew fold.


 Fluff the fold a little to get the cuff to look exactly the way you want.

 BOOM. Done.


Easy, right? Sleeves are cuffed and they stay in place all day!

Tutorial aside, I'm wearing the pants from the #Top10Remix. If you aren't familiar, Sarah from Sarah's Real Life is hosting a challenge where you pick 10 things that define you style and wear them throughout the month of April. You can see my posts here.

Top: Loft (exact currently an extra 60% off!)
Pants: The Limited (exact)
Shoes: Old Navy (similar)
Necklace: Charming Charlie's (love this teal and tortoiseshell version!)
Bracelet: J. Crew Factory (exact) and Kreations (similar)
Watch: Fossil (current version)
Ring: Loft (exact currently an extra 60% off)
Sunglasses: J. Crew Factory (exact)


No comments:

Post a Comment