Saturday, April 25, 2015

Short(er) Skirts for Spring


It is already hot and humid in Florida. Solution: raise those hemlines! I planned today's outfit from the dotted shirt from the #Top10Remix, and then tried to find some other items in my closet that haven't seen the love lately. Can't say I'm 100% happy with my creation, but at least it's comfortable. (I say that a lot, don't I?)


Top: Loft (exact currently an extra 60% off)
Sweater: The Limited (similar v-neck)
Skirt: J. Crew Factory (exact)
Shoes: Madewell (love this option)
Necklace: Target
Stackable rings: Chloe and Isabel

I really like this skirt from J. Crew Factory, but I often find myself unsure of how to style it. The elastic is a double-edge sword: comfy around the waist, but the gathered top always throws me off. Do I wear my shirt tucked? Untucked? Half tucked? All of the above? I tend to wear skirts at knee-length, so I'm breaking my own rules a little with the shorter hemline. I wore a similar look with a paler sweater and gray pants a last week ago. Guess if it ain't broke, don't fix it?



No comments:

Post a Comment