Tuesday, September 30, 2014

September Budget

My favorite thing about September, other than Pumpkin Spice Lattes and somewhat cooler weather? It's my birthday month! Since I blew my budget last month, I tried to stay more on track, but a birthday splurge or two definitely made it in this month.


  1. Anne Emma Jewelry Necklaces (one // two // three): $29.60 + 5% off = $28.10  
  2. Baublebar Crystal Mason Ring: $28 + 15% off = $23.80
  3. Target Pencil Skirt: $24.99
  4. Old Navy Graphic Tee: Originally $14.99, on sale for $9.99 + 20% off = $7.99
  5. RDV by Dolce Vita Oaklee Pumps: $80 + 30% off =$56
  6. Loft Vine Lace Tee: $39.50 + 50% off = $19.75 
  7. Pim + Larkin Gold Metallic Tee: $29
September Budget: $191.53 - $70 items sold = $121.53

I'm linking up with Franish for Budgeting Bloggers today. 

Well, I went over budget again this month. I'm finding staying on a $100 a month budget a real struggle! Thank goodness I sold some clothing on ebay, because if I hadn't, I seriously would have gone wayyyy over! But look at all the pretties, and it was my birthday, so that makes it okay, right? 

Are you familiar with Anne Emma Jewelry on Etsy? This is my second time ordering from her, and I've been very pleased both times! Her jewelry is a steal at only $9.80 for most pieces and look more like they cost a lot more than what I paid for them.

Okay, I promise, I'm not obsessed with Fran from Franish, but I saw this ring on her and was all like: must. buy. now. I rushed to the website, at which point the ring was sold out, waiting patiently on the waiting list and then, finally, it came back in stock and I bought it immediately! I love how it's unique and dainty. A lovely statement piece. 

I've been eyeing this skirt from Boden for ages. But at $110.40, I couldn't justify the price tag. I think this skirt from Target has the same feel as the Boden skirt and is only 1/4 of the price! It's a thick brocade-type material and has a nice structure, which is a must for me.

I got this tee mainly because I thought it would look cute paired with the new skirt from Target, heels and cardi. Outfit post to come as soon as it cools off enough to wear sweaters! I think it'll make a great layering piece this fall.

I mentioned at my last budget post that my feet grew a whole half size after having Aubrey in May. I feel every lady needs a pair of red heels, and I like how the suede is a little more subdued than patent leather. 

I'm always on the lookout for clothing in my university/employer's colors: garnet and gold. Fall always seems to be when retailers bring out all the plum/garnet/wine colored clothes, and to find something that is office appropriate and not a school tee is even better. This shirt from the Loft is G.O.R.G.E.O.U.S. A plug for Loft's awesome customer service: I patiently waited for this shirt to go on sale, however by it went 50% off, it was out of stock in my size both online and in the store. I was soooo disappointed. I went in the store just to look around and to see the shirt in person. The salesperson told me that they could search other stores to see if they had my size, which they did in Roswell, GA, and have it shipped directly to me. I got free shipping, they honored the sale, and I got my shirt. Win, win, win! 

I was done buying for the month. Finito. Stick a fork in me. Done. But then I saw this post from Lisa at Respect the Shoes. I needed a gold metallic stripe shirt in my life. I. NEEDED. IT. Okay, did I really need it? Probably not, but I'm still glad I went over budget and snagged it. 

Birthday present goodies:
Madewell The Archive Boots (last year's version on ebay!)
Old Navy Leopard Print Sueded Pumps (worn here)
Target Gray T-shirt dress (worn here // similar  // original available in stores)

I got some really lovely birthday presents this year. I've been wanting a pair of knee-high leather boots for awhile now, but no way was I paying $318 (for extended calf) for a pair of boots. The exact boots are available on ebay for a fraction of the cost, and my sweet husband got me these boots at half the price of the retail version! 

My mom got me these super cute leopard print heels from Old Navy and gray T-shirt dress from Target. I know that I'm going to get a lot of wear out of these heels. I feel like leopard print shoes are the new natural, they go with everything, right? 

Well, that's it for the month. I got so many great things for my closet and feel like I'm getting to a place where there's nothing I really need clothing-wise. Is that even possible, though, really? :) I also anticipate that the next couple of months are going to lean for spending as we get closer to Christmas. 

How did you do budgeting this month? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment