Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Pattern Mixing

Happy Hump Day (and Earth Day) friends!

With the #Top10Remix Challenge more than half over, I realized I hadn't worn several of my pieces. Solution: wear them all! Today I'm wearing the skirt, stripe top, watch, necklace, earrings AND glitter flats from the Remix Challenge. *whew*

Shirt: Boden (exact)
Skirt: Boden (exact)
Cardigan: Loft (similar)
Shoes: Old Navy (similar)
Necklace: Chloe and Isobel (exact)
Watch: Target (exact)
Earrings: Baublebar (similar)
Ring: Charming Charlie's (similar)

I was kind of worried that this outfit might be overkill, but I think (hopefully), I pulled it off. I am so in love with this skirt, it has a retro "Mad Men" vibe and is such a fun color. Coral and navy is such a pretty color combo, and I like the mix of polka dots and stripes in this outfit. I'm almost always wearing a cardi, cause its freezing in my office, and I threw in the glitter flats to add a little extra fun.

Curvy girl question: do you feel like you have to wear a cardigan anytime you wear a dress or skirt? I hate sleeveless dresses, but even when I'm wearing something that already covers my arms, I feel like I need a cardi to slim down my curves. Pain in the butt during sweltering Florida summers. Maybe one of these days I'll be brave enough to skip the sweater. :)



***Today I'm linking up with The Pleated Poppy! Be sure to check out what all the lovely ladies are wearing today.***

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. I love, love, love the pattern mixing on you. The whole outfit is so flattering.

    You live in Florida? I can't believe you're not dying of heat exhaustion in that cardi! (But maybe that's just because I've been in Wisconsin too long and am far too used to chilly temps.)

    (P.S. If you're interested, I'm giving away a Helen Ficalora pendant for Mother's Day. Enter here.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! It's funny, the day I took this outfit, the heat wasn't too bad, but yesterday, I had on cropped dress pants and a thin shirt and I was about to sweat to death. miserable. I'm so envious of everyone who gets an actual fall and spring. North Florida has two seasons: summer and winter. :)

      Delete