Friday, April 10, 2015

Nautical Stripes


Have I mentioned how much I love casual jeans Friday? Because, I really, really do. These jeans are nice and stretchy and oh, so comfy.

I'm super stoked to be wearing to this shirt, or more precisely, to fit into this shirt again. I bought it before getting pregnant and only got to wear it a time or two before it hung in my closet unworn and unloved for over a year. With temps in the low 80s, it's perfect weather to bring it into the light of day again. This shirt has the feel of a dress shirt, but the popover design and horizontal stripes keep it informal. Something about the white and blue with silver jewelry makes me think this has a slightly nautical feel should be worn shopping at the seaside. (insert wistful sigh) I suppose working on the bay is close enough?

I'm wearing my double pearl earrings from the #Top10Remix. One of the great things about blogging is that while something things (like these earrings) are all over the blogosphere, they aren't a thing here in real life. Funny story, the first time I wore them to work my boss thought I had a packed gauze behind my ear and had surgery. She was completely freaking out. "Oh, my god, what's wrong with your ear!?!" Nope, just me here, trying to be trendy, and, apparently, failing. But, silly story aside, I do feel like these earrings are a nod towards attempting to be "trendy," which is something I usually shy away from. I'd rather wear something more classic and (hopefully) get more wear out of it. But sometimes you just got to wear something that you know won't last the test of time because it's fashionable for now and just plain fun.

I hope everyone enjoys their weekend. All this talk of beach is making me think there needs be a beach walk in my weekend future. The joys of living only a mile of away from the sand. Try not to be too jealous my friends. :)

Jeans: The Limited (exact)
Shoes: Madewell (similar)
Watch: Target (upgrade, exact in rose gold)
Earrings: Baublebar (similar)
Bag: Coach (latest version)
Belt: Target (exact)

  


No comments:

Post a Comment