Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Comfort Pieces

There's days when you want to get all dolled up and days where you just want to be comfortable. Let's be honest, most days, I'm all about comfort. Then again, just getting up, showered, dressed having and some semblance of a hairstyle is a victory. I fondly remember the days before baby, all that time to get ready and look great, but still, I'd trade style for sweet baby smiles any day.

Today I wore my cardigan from Sarah's Real Life #Top10Remix Challenge. This sweater feels like a best friend, old, comfortable, well-worn and cozy. I am a total cardigan addict. Seriously. Off the top of my head I have at least 15, more like 20, maybe more. It's a long-standing love, I've been rocking the cardigan since high school and one of the saddest things to me about summer is that it's too hot to wear them (except for in the office, it's always cold in the office). 

I also have these pants in black as part of Top 10 pieces, they're just so easy and versatile to wear. While cardigans have been part of my style for a very long time, these pants are not. I used to only wear flared pants because I felt like it better balanced out my top half. I'd NEVER wear skinny pants or a crop. I started to give pants like these a try while I was pregnant last year. Towards the end of pregnancy, I'd wear anything to be comfortable. On the plus side, it's helped me expand my wardrobe and I do think that the longer sweater helps cover up the hips and thigh area and does the trick of balancing everything.

 Top: J. Crew Factory (similar)
Sweater: Old Navy (similar)
Shoes: Madewell (cute blingy option, plain)
Earrings: Kendra Scott (exact)
Necklace: Charming Charlie's (exact)
Watch: Fossil (very similar)
Bracelet: Loft (exact)
Ring: old


No comments:

Post a Comment