Wednesday, April 29, 2015

April Budget

Today I'm linking up with Franish for Budgeting Bloggers!

April was the month to spend all the monies! Plus, I spent it all the first half of the month, so it seems like it's taken FOREVER to get to a new month and a new budget.


  1.  Ann Taylor Pearlized Crystal Statement Necklace: $79.50, 50% off at $39.75
  2.  J. Crew Factory Diamond Print Basketweave Dress: $108, on sale for $74.50
  3.  Express Editor Pants: $69.90, 40% off at $41.94
  4.  Loft Blossom Shirred Utility Blouse: $59.50, 50% off at $29.75
  5.  Target Embellished Sandals: $22.99
  6.  Kendra Scott 'Elle' Drop Earrings: $52, 25% off at $39
April Budget $150 - $247.93 in purchases + $75 in clothing sales (ebay) = $172.93


$22.93 over budget

So I went just a smidgen crazy this month. All the good sales got to me, and I spent a little more money than I intended. Thank goodness I sold a blazer on ebay! I'm comforting myself with the fact that I got some nice, quality pieces.

I've been eying this Ann Taylor necklace for months now. There was no way I was going to spend full price on it, and when I got an email coupon for 50% off, I jumped on it. I really like it, but I have discovered that I must have a fat neck, because it sits a lot shorter on me. Not a deal breaker, that's why they make chain extenders. This necklace has a toggle, but I know I can add some chain between the toggle and wear the strands meet. Maybe I'll do a tutorial on that...

I don't wear a lot of dresses, and that's something I want to start doing more of. I feel like this dress is just enough out of my comfort zone to feel like I'm trying something new, but the black and cream print still keeps it professional. I like my dresses and skirts to hit knee length, so it's at the tailor having the hem let down.

I needed more dress pants for work. I have several pairs of cropped pants, but sometimes you just need something a little more dressy. Now with my gray pair of Loft pants, I have two whole pairs, both of which are now at the tailor's being hemmed. #curvygirlproblems

I've been seeing the Kendra Scott drop earrings and tassel necklace all over the blogosphere. A few weeks ago Nordstrom had a sale on most of their Kendra Scott jewelry. I decided the earrings were a nice way to see if I liked them as much in real life as I do online. I love them. They're a nice punch of color and lightweight enough that they do no hurt my ears. Now I really, really want the tassel necklace, and I'm going *try* to hold off until there's another sale. I just can't justify spending $80 on a necklace right now. BUT I WANT IT! Hubby, if you're reading this: Mother's Day gift idea, *hint* *hint*

These sandals from Target are really comfortable and look a lot more expensive than they really are. Got to love Target. I've been wearing them on the weekend nonstop and even experimented wearing with dresses. I love that it's sandal season once again.

With the heat kicking up in Florida, I've been on the look out for thin, light shirts for work wear. I think it will look cute with both skirts and pants and I'm looking forward to styling it!

And now for the pièce de résistance: The Clare V. clutch. *swoon*

Every year, after I get my tax refund, I treat myself to one really nice thing. I bought the clutch during the Shopbop sale earlier this month, so it wasn't quite so expensive, but still a splurge. I've loved having something new in the rotation other than the diaper bag and Coach purse. And odd side note, it smells amazing, like leather and yumminess.

That's a wrap! Bring on May and a new month of shopping. :)

4 comments:

  1. Love the clutch! Actually, I'm loving all the prints you picked up. Nice finds :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cassie! I'm dying to wear my ikat dress. It was so cute when I tried it on, just a smidgen short, so I'm hoping it'll be perfect once it comes back from the tailor.

      Delete
  2. I love love love that dress! I've wanted that print since it came out for retail. I would love to see a chain extender tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love when J. Crew Factory releases something (like this dress) that J. Crew had a year before. The Factory also has a pencil skirt and shorts in the same print, wish I could buy all the pretties!

      Delete