Friday, March 27, 2015

March Budget


1. J. Crew Mohair Sweater: Originally $89.50, on sale for $39.99 + an additional 30% off = $27.99
2. Loft Pocket Blouse: Originally $49.50, on sale for $39.50
3. Loft Pave Ring: $24.50, part of a $50 off $100 promotion = $12.30
4. Loft Broken in Tee: Originally $26.50, part of a $50 off $100 promotion = $13.30
5. Target Espadrille Flats: $24.99

March Budget = $118.08
(savings $96.91)
$18.08 over budget

Today I'm linking up with Budgeting Bloggers on Franish. It's been forever since I've done a budget post, but I'm glad to be getting back into the swing of things. It's so easy to just spend, spend, spend and not think about how all the purchases are adding up. Something I know I've been way guilty of, it's so hard to not buy all the pretties!

I went a little overboard this month. I got the cardigan when J. Crew was having a 30% off all sale items and just fell in love with the rich,blush color. I took a risk since it was final sale, and overall I'm happy-ish with it. The color is amazing, but it's a little big and on the itchy side. I'm looking forward to playing around with it to see if it will work in my closet. If not, there's always ebay. (You can see how I styled it here). The Loft blouse is just so, so pretty in real life. The color is a perfect cornflower blue. The sleeves can be a bit tricky to roll up, they slip-slide all over the place, but the manager at Loft showed me a trick using rubber bands to hold the sleeves up. I tried to find a tutorial online with no success, so I may have to do a post on it. I recently put in an order to the Loft, and in order to receive $50 off of $100, I threw this ring into the mix. Also, as part of the order, I snagged this tee - it can be dressed up or down, and I'm looking forward to styling it for weekend and work wear! I actually ordered the espadrille flats to wear to a work golf tournament and I LOVE them. I took a risk because they've gotten horrible reviews online, but so far I've worn my three times and they've held up beautifully.

Going forward I want to be a smarter about my purchases versus just buying anything that catches my eye. I know for work I need a good pair of black dress pants, so I'll be keeping an eye out for that. I also mentioned in a previous post that it's time to replace my cognac flats. I did order this gorgeous ikat dress, but my size is back ordered until April 7, so if it works out, I'll include it in next month's budget. I also need to get back into selling some stuff on ebay.

Do you keep a clothing budget? If so, I'd love to hear how you did in the comments below.

7 comments:

  1. The dotted tee is so cute! Thanks for posting your budget finds. I would love to see a post on the sleeve roll up trick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meghan! I'll do my best to post on the sleeve roll up trick in the next week or two!

      Delete
    2. It only took a month, but tutorial is posted! :)

      http://tealandpolkadots.blogspot.com/2015/04/tutorial-how-to-roll-up-slippery-sleeves.html

      Delete
  2. I found your blog from Fran's link up and came over because I bought the same espadrilles! I haven't yet decided whether to exchange them for a size up or not. I was also worried by what other reviewers have said about them, but I'm glad to know they've held up for you (so far).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I still have my fingers crossed about them. They're just so cute, but I feel like every time I wear them I keep looking over them the whole time to make sure they haven't fallen apart!

      Delete
  3. I popping over from Franish so yes I keep a clothing budget, I have a budget for every category of my life actually or else I would buy all the pretties! I love that sweater on you by the way. I see what you mean about it being a little big, but oversized sweaters are in right now so it definitely be worth hanging on to

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliments on the sweater! I need to be better about budgeting. I've been keeping a clothing budget and household budget, but after that it's just whatever goes. By the end of the month I often wonder where all the money has gone. It so easy to lose track of bits spent here and there. Budgeting more would definitely help with that!

      Delete