Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Keep it Simple

Pants: The Limited (exact) currently 40% off!
Shoes: Payless (exact)
Necklace: Gift from my hubby (similar)
Earrings: Baublebar (similar)
Watch: Target (exact) currently 30% off!
 Bracelets: Gift from hubby (similar) Loft (similar)

Baby girl has not been feeling well. After two straight days of vomit, diarrhea and lack of sleep, the best I could do this morning was to keep it simple. Got to love those mornings where you're completely exhausted, but you've got to drag you half-dead carcass to work. At least I know once I get there, there will be the nectar of the gods awaiting for me...coffee...mmm...
***I've been playing with Photoshop filters and I think I may have gone a bit overboard. Might as well have some fun, right?*** 

I am one of those women who's feet grew after pregnancy. Before baby, I was a 8.5 in heels, 9 in flats. Now, everything is off. I'd say I'm an 9.5, but that's not really right. 9's are too tight, 9.5's are too lose. Some brands work better than others. I thought maybe I needed to go to a wide width, but that's not it either. I guess my weird feet have decided to be somewhat between sizes, so shoe shopping has become a bit more difficult. Long story short, it's time to replace these cognac flats from Payless. While they're are not in too bad of shape, they are definitely too tight (thanks post-pregnancy feet)!


Fran from Franish raves about these flats. Originally $98, they're on sale for $49. These flats have a soft leather upper seem like they'd be nice and comfortable. I like them, but for some reason, I'm not 100% sold on the bow, but still a cute option. 

Option 2: Lucky Brand Emmie Flats | $59 
Honestly, these might be my favorites. They're on final sale for $59, with limited sizes available. I'm in love with the stitch detailing on the back and clean simplicity on the front of the shoe. They've gotten really good reviews online as well.

Okay, so these probably aren't they best quality shoe, after all they're made of synthetic leather, but I am all heart eyes over the diamond cutout design. Plus, they're a steal at only $18.

I just adore the retro vibe of these pretty little flats. I'm not a fan of straps that go straight across the ankle, I feel like they cut off my legs and make them look chunkier, but this T-strap hits just below the ankle, which I think makes all the difference. And yes, hello, my name is contradiction, because I just said I wasn't sure about the bow on option one, but I totally love it on these shoes. Go figure. Unfortunately for me, these shoes do not come in half sizes.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I found your blog through Franish. I have the Lucky ones and like them. Amazon has them for $36. Payless has these cute perforated ones too https://www.payless.com/womens-claire-scrunch-flat/70092.html?dwvar_70092_color=cognac_chopout#q=chopout&start=1,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo...thanks for the amazon tip! I'll definitely be checking that out.:) My closet (though probably not my wallet or husband) thanks you!

      Delete