Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Wish List Wednesday: School Spirit Editon

Now that I'm back to work full-time and football season is in full-swing, I feel like my closet seriously needs some garnet and gold. Have I ever mentioned how much I love my job? Because I seriously do. I get to design, write, photograph, work with students and help plan events. I'm a jack-of-all trades and it keeps life from getting boring. PLUS working at a branch-campus of a major university has fulfilled my desire to stay in college forever. :) So Wishlist Wednesday is dedicated to my employer and alma mater...bring on the garnet and gold!

Links to shop:
Gold-stripe Shirt: Piperlime
Cords: LOFT
Pumps6pm
Chevron NecklacePinkTwig via Etsy
Scarf: Gameday Sass
Arrow Bracelet: froshjewels via Etsy

This wool skirt is seriously pretty. However, being as I live in Florida, it'll be forever until it's cool enough to wear this lovely. But, still, gorgeous! I might have to keep an eye on it and see if it goes further on sale. At $54.50 it's a little more than I want to pay for a skirt that I can only wear for a few months out of the year... PLUS I have a similar skirt from Loft, but in a lighter, stretch fabric. 

This top seriously may have to be mine. How fun are these metallic gold stripes? Plus it can be worn with things non-school related. I see it paired with a garnet skirt for work, black pencil pants, or jeans on the weekend. It's $29, which isn't too bad, though maybe a bit more than I should pay for a tee, but come on, gold, metallic stripes...love! 

These cords are not coming though as gorgeous as they are in the store. They are a perfect, deep shade of wine. Like the wool skirt, they would be perfect for fall. I'm new to the skinny pant trend. Worn as is, I don't think they look that flattering on me...but paired with knee-high boots or rolled into crops...that look I can go with. They're $59.50, but Loft has good sales, so if you're interested, wait until they have a 50% off sale!

The gold pumps are pure fun, and maybe slightly hello, 1980s. But they would be a bit of whimsy for work or date night. They're only $36.70, which isn't bad for a pair of heels. 

I have a serious crush on this necklace. I like how it's understated and a nod to having school spirit without being in your face. Only $20 from Etsy. 

I LOVE scarfs, especially infinity scarves, they're so easy to layer on and go. I also like how this scarf is a light-weight weave and costs only $16! The downfall? The houndstooth print, which is an Alabama trademark. I can still pull it off, right? 

Last, but not least, this cute arrow bracelet from froshjewels. I would be cute layered with a gold watch or worn by itself. Plus, it's only $10! 

What's on your wish list this month? Let me know in the comments below!






No comments:

Post a Comment