Thursday, August 21, 2014

Nautical


Today I've been playing around with a nautical stripe top. I love the bold print, but have been a little unsure how to wear it in a way that doesn't make me look huge. I know all the fashion rules say that bigger girls should never, ever wear horizontal stripes, but sometimes it's fun to break the rules. 

First up, causal wear. I just paired this top with a pair of shorts and belt for a day around the house with the baby. 

Top: Loft [exact]
Belt: Target [exact]
Shorts: American Eagle [current version]

Since I'm going to be going back to work soon, I wanted to play with a more dressed up look for a causal Friday at the office.

Top: Loft [exact]
Skirt: J. Crew Factory [exact]
Shoes:  Union Bay via T.J. Maxx [exact]
Necklace: J. Crew Factory [super cute alternative]
Watch: Fossil [exact]
Bracelets: J. Crew Factory [crest stone cuff] [crystal links]
Ring: [similar]



I'm already envisioning all the cute ways to wear this top: with a navy blazer and crisp white pants, or with garnet pencil pants and leopard flats... I especially think a blazer would look great with this top and help to give the outfit more structure. With temps in the upper 90s here in Florida, I'll have to wait a few more months before I can wear my beloved blazers and cardigans.


No comments:

Post a Comment